At Fortis Lux Financial, Inc. ("Fortis Lux") maintaining our customers' trust and confidence is of paramount importance. We are committed to safeguarding your personal
information and providing you with facts and options about how this information may be shared. Please read this notice to learn more about our privacy policies and the options available to you. This notice describes the privacy policies of Fortis Lux. The privacy policies apply to individuals who obtain or apply for a financial product or
service for personal, family, or household purposes, or have done so in the past, from any of the businesses listed below.
• We do not sell customer information.
• We do not provide customer information to persons or entities outside of the Fortis Lux who are doing business for their own marketing purposes.
• We contractually require any persons or entities outside of the Fortis Lux that provide products or services to customers on our behalf to protect the confidentiality of customer information.
• We afford prospective customers and former customers the same protections as existing customers in regard to the use of personal information
As part of providing you with our services we obtain nonpublic personal information about you, which may include the following:
• Information we receive from you on applications, questionnaires, subscription documents or other forms including your name, address, social security number, assets and income.
• Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others, such as balances, payment history, parties to transactions and account usage.
• Information about you from other Fortis Lux affiliates, credit reporting agencies and other third parties, such as your creditworthiness, credit history and other information.
In general, we use your personal information to process your requests or transactions, to provide you with information or services you request. to inform you about other
information, events, promotions, products or services we think will be of interest to you, to facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the web site and services and to otherwise serve you and our users. For example, we may use your personal information:
• to request feedback and to enable us to develop, customize and improve the web site and our publications, products and services;
• to conduct marketing analysis, to send you surveys or newsletters, to contact you about services, products, activities, special events or for other marketing, informational, product development and promotional purposes;
• to send you a welcoming email and to contact you about your use of the web site and services; to respond to your emails, submissions, comments, requests or complaints; to perform after-sales services; to anticipate and resolve problems with our service; to respond to customer support inquiries, for assistance with our product and service development; and to inform you of updates to products and services that meet your needs.
We use or share information in a limited and carefully controlled manner. We use or share your information in order to identify and protect you against fraud, enable us to complete transactions quickly and efficiently, determine the right services to meet your needs and to provide you with proper customer service, Examples of customer information that we may share include:
• Information we receive from you, such as your name, address, social security number, assets, and income, as provided, for example, on subscription documents or account applications.
• Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, and others, such as balances, payment history, parties to transactions, and account usage.
• Information we receive from affiliates, credit reporting agencies and other third parties not affiliated with us, such as your creditworthiness and credit history.
Fortis Lux is member of the MassMutual Financial Group. Our affiliates provide a wide range of financial services to meet your financial needs. Our affiliates include broker-dealers, investment advisors, financial planners and insurance brokers.
The security of your account information is important to us. Only those persons who need your information to perform their job have access to it. In addition, we maintain physical, electronic and procedural security measures that comply with federal regulations to protect your information.
Our employees have limited access to your personal information based upon their responsibilities. All employee s are instructed to protect the confidentiality of your personal information as described in these policies, which are strictly enforced.
If you end your relationship with Fortis Lux, we will continue to adhere to the policies and practices described in this notice. We will also continue to respect any opt out election that you may have made.
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy polices or practices of any third party sites or services.